• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Popular Posts

Stop and Stare
Weird
Usrah Minggu Ini: Subuh tak?

Thumbnail Recent Post

Reading Break!

One week holiday in the middle of the term

Off Button

Turning stuff off is harder than you think

Malaysia Singapore Night 2011

Cultural performances and Malaysian food.Yeay!

Term 2

Study + Study + Study = Success

Waves

Wreck Beach

I had one of the scariest moments in my life yesterday. I was so panic, I could collapse right away.LOL.But seriously,that is one of the things that I am most scared about. I know this sounds ridiculous,but I'm just like that.

I don't like people staring right in my face. Especially if you are a guy.

And that is what happened last night!!But in a bigger scarier scale that I'm considering bringing a knife in my bag starting from today just to be safe.

In this story, there are 5 characters:
Me: Azim
Guy 1: The drunk person sitting in front of me
Guy 2: The close friend of Guy 1
Guy 3: The person who only laughs but didn't really look at me
Guy 4: The out-of-no-where person

It is a weird story.I feel like it is. I don't know...

We were on a bus,riding home from Downtown after coming back from North Vancouver. I was sitting beside Faiz (one of my seniors in UBC) and we were talking about games before I lost trail of what he was talking coz I felt like someone was staring at me. And the person was sitting right in front of me!

I told Faiz,"Do you realize that this guy is staring at me?" Faiz stopped talking to me and started acting as if he was looking around. He asked."Is this guy your friend?" I was like,if he is my friend, I would've said Hi already!Ok maybe not,coz there was once I was with my other friends and I didn't say Hi to my other friend who was also in the same bus due to some awkward story. But no one knew this,so yeah.

Then Wani who was sitting right across the bus was asking me in Malay 'Asal dia stare mcm tu kat kau dowh?'.I didn't know why.The staring happened for about 3-4 minutes. It was direct staring. He even puts his elbows on his knees with his hand on his chin just to stare at me. WTH?

Then the story started to get more interesting:

Guy 2: Hey man,nice to meet you
Me: Hey,nice to meet you too
Guy 2: Where are you from?
Me: Malaysia.
Guy 2: Indonesia?
Me: No, Malaysia

Then tetiba Guy 1 menyibuk,
Guy 1: Do u speak Hindi?
Me: No I don't.
Guy 1: You have to stick to your roots man
Me: My parents didn't teach me so I don't know how to speak Hindi
Guy 1: You have to stick to your roots man
Me: .........

Guy 2: What faculty are you in?
Me: Science
Guy 2: Oh,he is in science as as well (pointing to Guy 1)
Guy 1: Yeah, I'm doing so much science,I'm doing triple Honours.
Me: Hahha (gelak tak ikhlas)

Guy 2: Where are you staying?
Me: Marine Drive.
Guy 2: Which building?

At this point I was so damn scared that he was going to ask me which room.

Me: Building 6.(trying to be friendly I asked) Are you living in UBC?
Guy 1: No I'm not.(smilling)

That was kinda stupid question coz obviously the bus was heading to UBC.

Guy 2: You guys should shake hands now.
Guy 1: (Offers his hand for a hand shake)
Me: (Offers his hand for a hand shake)
Guy 1: (Pulled back his hands before Azim could reach for a hand shake)
Guy 2: (laughs)
Me: (irritated as hell and laughed unsincerely)
Guy 2: (Offers his hand for a hand shake)
Me: (Shake his hands)


Guy 2: Which year are you in?
Me: First year
Guy 2: How could you get Marine Drive when you're in your first year? (you have to be 19 to get into marine drive's residence.
Me: I'm old enought to get a place there.
Guy 2: (while laughing when I didn't think anything was funny) Does he look like he's 19?(asking Guy 1)
Guy 1: (Still smiles weirdly while looking at me)
Me: (Smiled and wanted to tell them that I'm actually 20)

Suddenly the bus stopped at Alison Road. We were supposed to go down at UBC Bus Loop which was just one station away. But I was so damn scared, I went down one station earlier.

I didn't really realize that the bus stopped until:

Guy 1: (while still staring eeriely at my face) Is this Alison Road?
Me: (Obvious nak mati tulis besar2 kat depan bus kot) Yes.(I stood up then)
Guy 1: Are you sure you wanna go down here?
Me: Yes.(while walking towards the exit)
Guy 4: (suddenly put his hands in front of me, trying to block me from going out)
Me: ?????????????????????
Guy 4: (then pulled back his hands)
Me: (went out of the bus,hoping they won't come down at the stop as well)

They didn't follow me down. One of my friends in the bus told me that Guy 1 smelled like liquor. That made some sense. And the same friend also told me that I shouldn't have leave the bus. I was so damn scared, what should I do? I have this weird thing where if you're 10 metres within me and you are staring at me, I could feel the vibe,or I'll know you're staring at me. There was once I told my mum that I feel like wearing a mask to the shopping complex coz I felt like there were so many people staring at me.Bajet hot gler!Hahahha. But yeah, I don't feel comfortable.

Due to this incident, I've asked myself so many questions. I'll divide them to Pros and Cons:

Pros:
1)Am I that attractive?

Cons:
1)Do I look that young?(coz they were surprised I'm 19 when I'm actually 20)
2)Should I change my hair style?(I always do this flat hair thing coz I don't feel like doing anything else with it)
3)Should I bring something to protect myself from today onwards?(something I've never considered doing)

So yeah,weird questions. Never had weird encounters like that. Farrah said that they just wanted to be friends coz I looked almost the same as them. They are Hindustani btw. (I think so). But you don't stare at 'friends' like that. Having known the fact that Guy 1 was drunk, I don't think he is gay.

I don't know how I'll face these people again if I meet them again. But I'll like to quote a song by Timbaland feat. Katy Perry,

"I'll never be the same, If we ever meet again"

Very long post indeed.

Salam.

2 Responses so far.

  1. "you have to stick to your roots man.."
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    if it wasn't so scary back then, i think it's so funny..

    takpe kassim.

  2. aZim says:

    hahaha.agak ar.aku bengang gak waktu tu. LOL.malaysia multicultural kot.ade je chinese yang tak tahu cakap cina x )

Leave a Reply