• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Popular Posts

Stop and Stare
Weird
Usrah Minggu Ini: Subuh tak?

Thumbnail Recent Post

Reading Break!

One week holiday in the middle of the term

Off Button

Turning stuff off is harder than you think

Malaysia Singapore Night 2011

Cultural performances and Malaysian food.Yeay!

Term 2

Study + Study + Study = Success

Waves

Wreck Beach

Nowadays people tend to take solat lightly. Like it is not something you have to do, more to something you choose to do. You can go up to some Muslims and ask "Hey, do you perform 5 prayers a day?" "Nah, I only pray Zohor and Maghrib" Some would even say "I don't pray coz my parents didn't teach me how to pray". SERIOUSLY??

Fine,parents do play a major role in developing a children's future. How a tree grows,depends on how it was taken care of when it was young. Nevertheless, we should take our own initiative to learn something as simple as, there is God, and he didn't create us just to wake up, go to class, eat pizza,watch tv and sleep. There are reasons why we were born on to this world. No offense, but I still don't understand how some people could say that there's no God. It really pisses me off (sorry for being emotional). We are suppose to respect other religions, and I do respect other religions. But I have the least respect for people who are atheist. (I'm sorry) It doesn't take a genius to figure out something as simple as everything has its creator.

If humans create cars,buildings,iphones,laptops,ships,aeroplanes, who created us? Who created the world? If God doesn't exist, how could the world be created. I know recently, Stephen Hawking said that we don't need God to create the world. But seriously, how would things come into place without someone putting those stuff into place? How could we possibly say there's no God, when we don't have answers to all the questions in life? Try asking this to your self. Who created the first person on Earth? Did the person magically appeared and we started of just like that? Some people even worships the devil. Some even claims that the devil is God. Lailahailallah. If God is the devil, why would he want us to bad stuff? Why would people portray the devil as something bad? Everything has its reasons for happening. That's why we shouldn't question why some people were born not as Muslim. Allah knows best. Never give up or judge Allah.

Sorry for deviating from the main topic. So today, we were talking about how most Muslims don't really perform Subuh and Isya' prayers. There was this hadis (if I'm not mistaken) that said that people who are hypocrite/munafiq are those who don't perform their Subuh and Isya' prayers. I bet you guys faced this situation before:

Non-Muslim : Hey, do you have to pray if you're a Muslim?

Muslim: Yeah, five times a day.Alhamdulillah

Non-Muslim: WOW! That's a lot! I don't think I would possibly convert.I only go to church once
a week. Sometimes I don't even go.

I'm not trying to judge any religion here.I'm really sorry if I portrayed it that way. My point is, some of us might find 5 times daily prayer as something impossible to do, but do know that Allah won't ask us to do something that He thinks we are not capable of doing. He created us, He knows our limits. So there's nothing impossible with 5 times daily prayer.

Imagine if we don't have 5 times daily prayer, honestly,how many times would we even remember Him? How many times would we even say thank you to Him for giving us the nikmat of living in this world? If we were to pray 2 times a day, I bet we would not remmeber Him as much, and I bet some would even complain that 2 is a lot.Allahuakbar.

I do know that Subuh is sometimes hard to perform coz we will be sleeping and it is hard to get up and pray. But think of it this way. If you were to have a flight to catch at 5 am, would you wake up early so that you won't miss the flight? If you have an exam at 8am, would you wake up early to study again so that you will do well in your exam? If you could do all this, and these are only stuff in terms of dunia, why can't you do something like Subuh prayers which will be your "bekalan" for akhirat? As I've mentioned before a lot of times, world is just the R&R before the final destination.

I would like to share with you a story from an article I've found online. My friend uploaded this on a forum and I've downloaded the pdf. It's from productivemuslim.com. If any of you wants the pdf file,email me at azim_shahiran90@hotmail.com and I'll send you the file.I haven't got the time to finish reading it yet, but I promise you that it is a good article to read. The story goes:

This is a story of one of the greatest Imam of this ummah, Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal.

His son Abdullah asked his father one day,"Abi,when will we ever relax?" His father, one of the greatest revivers of the Sunnah and a role model of Muslims, looked him in the eye and said : "With the first step we take into Jannah"

Allahuakbar.

I know most of you have heard of people saying the world is a prison to the mukmins,and heaven to the kafirs. But if you think wisely you'll realize that if people from the prison were to go out of the jail, they will gain nothing but freedom. But for the mukmins,Allah has promised a lot of rewards for us, besides our freedom. Subhanallah. This shows how much Allah loves us. If He could love us and forgive our sins though we do it for many times (after taubat), why can't we show our thankfulness by performing our 5 times daily prayers? How long would it even take? Let's say we spend 10 minutes on each prayer. 5 times, is 50 minutes. 50 minutes out of 1440 minutes we have everyday is like 3.472% of our time a day. 3.472%!!! If we can spend hours on facebook, movies,gossip, why can't we spend 3.472% of our time for solat?

Again as any other post, whatever I'm saying here goes to me first before anybody else. We learn to be a better Muslim by reminding each other everyday in our life. The day of judgement is real, and will happen. Lets work our way to be a better Muslim and InsyaAllah, we will meet in Jannah. Amin.

Salam.

One Response so far.

  1. izzati says:

    ramai yang pandai, tapi tidak semua bijak, Azim, otak mereka hanya mampu melihat dunia, tidak kenal pencipta, Islam itu nikmat, yang harus disyukuri ^_^

    Wallahu'alam :)

Leave a Reply