• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Popular Posts

Stop and Stare
Weird
Usrah Minggu Ini: Subuh tak?

Thumbnail Recent Post

Reading Break!

One week holiday in the middle of the term

Off Button

Turning stuff off is harder than you think

Malaysia Singapore Night 2011

Cultural performances and Malaysian food.Yeay!

Term 2

Study + Study + Study = Success

Waves

Wreck Beach

Do you know how it feels like before the starting of a swimming competition? You feel all nervous as you're scared that you will disappoint yourself and others who are counting on you to win. Then when you jump into the pool and gave it all you got and finally touch the wall (for 50m freestyle), you feel so relieved that it's finally over. But when you turn your head around, you find out that you were in 2nd or 3rd place and not first and you feel extremely disappointed and just want to start again though you're dead tired.

That's how my week was. Almost,at least.

Yeay!Reading break is finally here. I was never excited about holidays until I entered U. Before this I always told myself that holidays are just a way of school trying to waste our time coz they are tired of teaching,but we aren't tired of learning. But in U, it's totally different. I'm tired of learning, and they are never tired of teaching.LOL. So yeah, 10 days of free time. But it will be packed as I've made up my mind to start reading every single thing that we've studied from the begininning of the term so that I don't have to re-study everything when my final comes.

So yeay to reading break and yeay to studying early.

A lot of things happened this week. I had 3 midterms. According to order: OK - Not Good - Good.
I guess. I think Psycho 102 was good. But there were some confusing questions. And I studied really hard for it. Really hope this will be my first 80+ midterm in UBC. I know, I haven't been doing so well lately.

I've also dropped one subject coz I didn't do well in the midterm. I was advised by the lecturer to drop the course and take it next term instead. Well, not really advised. Blasted would be more appropriate. First time being scolded by a teacher due to academic performance since I don't know when. Most of my teachers only advise if worst comes to worst.

So yeay for dropping a subject which leaves me with 5 this term.

Finally, a good news. I guess. I was invited by the Malaysian Associates of British Columbia (MABC) to be apart of their Directors. Most of the people in this group are those who are already working. So yeah, it is kinda cool. They said that they thought Clarissa and I did a great job with MSN(Malaysia Singapore Night) compared to what it was back in 2004 and 2005. But I haven't decided whether I wanna go to the AGM and grab some post or just wait till I'm more ready academically.

So yeay to MABC and yeay to great MSN.

I've also won the lottery for housing which was purely based on luck. Lottery is some kind of system where they use a computer to randomly choose people to get residence. So now I have three options:

1)Stay in Apartment with one room all alone
2)Stay in Marine Drive shared (4 people that i know in the same house) - 4 bedrooms
3)Fairview shared (4 people that I don't know in the same house) - 4 bedrooms

I'm really counting on the first one. But if I don't get that, I might choose Marine Drive instead. Maybe.

So yeay to winning the lottery.

I'll be going out today coz my favorite jeans just got torn apart while I was stretching my legs. It wasn't that bad. But I think it's old enough and my mom doesn't really like those jeans.

So yeay to new jeans.(most probably from Zara)

So yeah, basically, I'm not entirely happy with this week, but they were ups and downs. And Allah knows best. As I've heard before, we always have to pray that hopefully tomorrow will be better than today. Hopefully I will use this holiday to study properly to get back in the game instead of rewatching Shane Dawson's or Nigahiga's video over and over again.

Salam



Leave a Reply