Today marks the official 2 months period that I've been here. Sadly,I don't really feel much of the joy people have mentioned before I came here. I feel so stress everyday,thinking of things I need to do and how I need to perform really well so that I meet Petronas's requirements. Seriously, UBC should be classified in a different group. EVERYONE TOLD ME UBC IS HARD!!!And I totally believe them. even those who got 94/100 for ICPU are failing some midterms here. So now tell me, how doesn't that proves that UBC is HARD?? I really hope I can talk to Petronas and ask them to change the grading. But I don't wanna look stupid. I'll wait till the end of the term and if I get below 3, I'll call Mr. Rasyidi and tell him that he needs to rescale our grading system. Coz there's one of my friend who is a Canadian,told me that UBC is hard coz he went to Victoria Institution before and it was really easy there compared to UBC.Students in High School in Canada needs to get 85% and above to get into UBC.Now tell me how that is not hard.
I'll stop with the blabbering and start with one thing I've realized today: number of friends I've made throughout my stay here (not including the Malays or Malaysians coz no matter what,we will be friends.These are friends whom I've found by my own effort) :
1. Kais - He is originally from Afghanistan.He is a muslim.in his third year here. He is in the same class as me for MATHS 221 and MATHS 215. He is damn smart coz he said he did really bad though he got 80% for the midterm.When he asked me,I told him I did really bad and told him I got 50%. (awkward silence) He is really fun though. Coz whenever you ask a question,he'll never stop talking. Which is awesomely fun,but annoying sometimes. I really hope we'll be bestfriends here coz I really need help from him. I asked him,how long do study a day?He told me,4-5 hours,1 hour per subject. I just felt like screaming and jumping off a building. After that statement, I am very sure I have to be bestfriends with him. I DON'T CARE!!!!
2. Kaidi Chen - She is from Hong Kong but stayed in Canada for quite sometime. She is in my MATHS 215 class. She sits besides me (well,I started sitting beside her first). She is like the next Voon Hui; I can ask her anything and she will try to help me with it.Really cool. And she's very friendly too. But she rarely starts the conversation first. But I don't mind. She is very nice. I don't think we'll be friends forever coz she'll be taking a year off next year.But if I'm going to do the Major in Maths,we might be. And I really need her with all the maths questions!! x )
3. Mike Jensen - He was born in Canada and stayed here the rest of his life. This guy sits besides me for almost 3 weeks before actually starting to get to know me. We had a proper friend to friend talk just now coz my MATHS 215 teacher didn't come. He is kinda cool. Snowboarding kinda person. He's doing engineering. And I believe he is having the same level performance as me. Which is good coz at least I don't really feel inferior when I'm with him. I hope this will be a long friendship but I'm not too sure. But after talking to him just now, I think it might be x )
4. Otto Yui - He is from Hong Kong. He's my lab partner for Astronomy,and also the person I sit beside in EOSC. He is smart. Well, almost everyone of my friends are. He helps me out with my labs and assignments. And he is also one of the only guy who always keep in touch through facebook. But since we usually talk about academic kinda stuff,and he's doing way better than me for almost every single thing, I doubt that we'll be friends forever.Maybe only until end of this term.
5.Aisha Ghani - She is from Pakistan. She is kind. And helpful.And she is also the kind of person who makes me less inferior being around coz she's around the same level as me.But sometimes she can be smarter than me. Which is good.Coz she can help me out. I have a feeling this will last long maybe coz she is a Muslim as well. And maybe coz she is very nice. She is in my MATHS 221 class.
6. Bhagwant - He is from Punjab,India. He is nice. And helpful. But again, he only talks regarding the course itself only. I don't think we would be friends after this. But I can't really tell coz there's almost 1 month plus to go. He is the kinda guy who socialize I think. So possibility of us hanging out is really low.
7. Nishant - He is in my GEOB 102,same as Bhagwant. He is from Singapore. And he tought I'm Singaporean at first. WTH? He usually asks me to go hang out somewhere. But I don't feel like hanging out with him. I don't know why. Maybe I still feel insecure.He has asked me to go snowboarding before final exam. I'm certainly not going! But I haven't said NO yet.mmm.maybe later. He might be my friend after this course,but I don't know if I want to.
There are some other friends like Jordan Markham, Gavin, this chinese girl from Taiwan and this Indian girl I don't really remember that I'm trying to get to know better. Anyway, my conclusion is,it is really hard to find friends in a new surrounding. A friend which you know who can help you out when your in trouble in stuff. When I was in KTJ,it took me only 2 weeks or less to find this kind of friend. But I don't mind waiting,as long as I can find a good friend.mmmm.I'm gonna start what Kais did,4-5 hours a day. Hopefully that works out.InsyaAllah.Btw,his name is pronounced as Qays.haha.interesting. k. less blogging, more studying.adios.



