As usual,today is friday so I will tell you a bit of what was mentioned in the khutbah today.
Sulaiman bin Malik, one of the khalifah at those time wanted to meet someone who has seen the companion of Nabi Muhammad S.A.W. Someone finally told him about this one guy, and he went to meet him. He only asked one question, " Why are people so afraid to die?" So the guy explains and that is the main question in the khutbah.
It's because, for instance some people live until they are around 60-70 and they have achieve a lot of things.Famliy.Social Status.Wealth. And they hold on to this till they feel that they can't give this up to die.
It is extremely dangerous to be passionate about things in the world. There's a story where this one person is so obsessed with Chess. The time he was about to die, instead of saying, "Lailahaillallah", he said checkmate,checkmate,checkmate and died saying that. There's this other person who asked for Alcohol just before he died coz that was his passion when he was on Earth.
Rasulullah S.A.W once said that you will be resurrected on the day of judgement, the way you die today. So for example if you died while syahid, you will be resurrected with bloods like how you died during syahid. If you died during Hajj, you will be resurrected the same way. But what if you died committing sins? Performing Zina? Watching porn? In a Club?
One of the scary thing about being too passionate with the world is that it would create a sense of feeling that you don't want to die, and don't want to meet Allah. If you don't want to meet Allah, Allah would never want to meet you. So we have to be moderate in whatever we are doing. I would like to quote one my friend. We are actually full time Muslim, part time student. If we always bear this in my mind, we will always know how to set our priorities right.Allahuakbar.
There's this funny thing that was told during the khutbah. I found it funny. Haha. I bet some of you have heard of people saying, "oh, I will start praying after I'm married" or "I will start wearing Hijab when I'm old and wrinkly". Why is this funny? Coz if you ever had this thought, you are plotting against Allah. Allah's the one who created us human being and planned everything for us. But some of us thinks that they are SMART ENOUGH to plan against Allah. Allahuakbar. Isn't that silly? We are humans. Though we are the best creation in this world, we still have to know that whatever it is, Allah knows better than us.Always do remember that we have to follow what Islam has thought us, not the other way round. We can't try to make it flexible and make Islam the way we want it to be or make it easy for us to do.
Syaitan will try his best to deviate us from the right path. Especially on the day we die. That is the day when he will put his full effort to ensure that we will end up in the same place where he is going to be. So it will never work if you think that on the day you die, you can easily say 'lailahaillallah' and die. It will be hard for you to even say it if you haven't practice what Islam has thought us. That is why syaitan works a bit by a bit and his 'so-called' day of victory is the day we die. When we can't say the words we need to say, and he could ensure that our whole life has been wasted not following Islam's way of life, he wins.(well,he will eventually loose on the day of judgement as he will be in hell, but he wins as he managed to bring you along with him)
Random fact: Recently I met this tabligh guy somewhere in Vancouver. He came out with this fact. He said that only 5% of Muslims who actually perform 5 day prayers. I was shocked at first,but thinking of it, it is not that surprising. Look at Malaysia itself.Enough said.
We never know when we will die. But while we still have the chance living on this temporary R&R, let's make the best of it so that we won't die in vain. Never plot against Allah, do what you have to do as a Muslim, what you have promised Allah before you were born on to this world. This is the only way we will live in harmony and insyaAllah God willing we will end up in Jannah together.Amin.
Whatever I say here goes to me first before anyone else. I'm not perfect myself and I'm trying my best to be the best Muslim that I possibly can.InsyaAllah.
Salam.




Syukran for sharing this :)
azim! I really like this post. keep on posting more about this/khutbah friday. inshaAllah we gonna be a better muslim and prepare more for the hereAfter. :) may Allah protect all of us and guide us in a right path